Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Latest Progress

We finished the documents that we needed to submit before our homestudy interviews can be conducted. Dasha and I Fed-Exed them yesterday. We had to submit a fire evacuation plan, autobiographies, medical forms and lab work, fingerprints for a criminal background check, an application for a background check from Child Protective Services and several other forms. Now we wait for our personal, employer and pastor references to be returned and them we can schedule our interviews and home visit.

I have starting reading the required reading books that the agency said we need to read. Two of them are really good (Successful Adoption: A Guide for Christian Families and Adopted for Life), but one is awful (Inside Transracial Adoption). I hope I can make it through that one, it is one of the most negative and poorly written books I have ever read. If anyone has any good suggestions for other books about transracial adoption, I'd love to hear your ideas.

Dasha and I have been busy cleaning out the room that the baby will be in, I think we've had at least a dozen bags of stuff go to Goodwill and almost as many bags of trash. And we're still working on it. Slow, but steady.

We've had a few more people order coffee, we are so appreciative of your help! Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sounds like you guys have been so busy! Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you guys and praying for you that this process will go quickly and smoothly!
    Tell Dasha hello and give her kisses from the Carpenters!

    Love you guys!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete